I love a good glass of bubbles or a chilled glass of vino as much as anyone else over the festive season, but to ensure I look and feel good I always have plenty of alcohol free options, give some of these a try:
- Dilute Cranberry Juice with soda water or sparkling water. One-third juice to two-thirds water is a good combo.
- Homemade lemon or limeade – squeeze the juice of a lemon or lime into a glass and top up with sparkling or soda water. If you want a sweeter taste you can add a tiny amount of stevia, a natural sweetener.
- Coconut water
- Mojo-hito (yes, that is a name I made up!) – lime juice, crushed
mint leaves and soda water. If you want it a little sweeter you can add stevia or some diet lemonade.
- Spicy tomato juice – this is probably my favourite! Lots of ice, tomato juice, black pepper and Tabasco sauce – so good.
- Non-alcoholic wine – I came across this when I was pregnant – marvellous stuff! Far lower in kilojoules/calories than regular wine, that’s for sure.
- Still or sparkling water with sliced cucumber and/or lemon/lime.
For more about Claire and her work, check out www.claireturnbull.co.nz