“The child is running the race, but it’s the parent’s job to make sure they stay on the track.”
Today on the show I’m chatting with Dr Adam Price (@adamprice21) out of New Jersey in the United States. Adam is a licensed psychologist with over 20 years of experience working with children and teens. He earned his B.A. at The University of Michigan and his doctorate at The Derner Institute of Advanced Psychological Studies, and now specialises in working with the unmotivated teenager.
Adam has published a number of articles in academic journals and newspapers, including the Wall Street Journal and Psychology Today, and has recently published a book titled, He’s Not Lazy: Empowering You Son to Believe in Himself, which address common motivational misconceptions of teenage boys.
We cover a lot in the show, including:
- Why holding kids accountable to the decisions they make is essential
- How to provide structure for your kids without being overly controlling
- The importance of parental empathy
- 10 questions every parent should ask their children
- The three C’s of motivation
- The importance of giving kids multiple sporting opportunities
- How you can help your child by focusing on the process rather than the outcome
Connect with Adam via: