“Right from the start mum has always felt that cooking good food for us is something she could do to make a big difference… and it has.”
My guests on the show today are Sam (@sammysawce) and Ben (@benodeaa) O’Dea, New Zealand’s top beach volleyball team, and fresh off a bronze medal at the 2018 Commonwealth Games on Australia’s Gold Coast. The boys also grabbed a third place at the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour event in Shepparton, Australia, in 2017.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Intermittent fasting and the benefits for elite athletes travelling the world
- Why the boys love to cook
- The job of the sporting mum
- Sibling rivalry and growing up in the country
- Life without a dad
- What the boys see as each other’s strengths
- The roots of their beach volleyball journey
- Self-awareness and how it leads to better learning
- Growing quickly
- The importance of training culture
- Physical preparation
- Overcoming adversity
- Sam and Ben’s future goals and what it’s going to take to get there
Follow along with the boys’ journey by liking their Facebook Page today.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe with your favourite podcast App by clicking one of the links on this page. I’d also encourage you to head over to iTunes and give the show a rating as it helps more people find us.
And thanks so much for listening!