- Planning is so crucial for the modern athlete. Athletes must juggle ever-increasing training and competition schedules, academic and social stresses at school and make important decisions about their future.
2) Ask any athlete that’s ever ‘made it’ and they’ll tell you they had their fair share of failures. Failing isn’t something we should fear or let affect us, embrace it and stay positive. Want to know more about fear?
3) Often the biggest challenge athletes face is the little voice inside their head telling them to quit. Then there’s the other voice driving us on. Which one are you going to listen to?
4) Hard work. You either do it or you don’t. No athlete ever made it by not working hard. Here at Athlete Development we believe in hard work but we also believe that working smarter, not harder is crucial.
5) Have a goal? Simple, get started.
6) What does wanting something look like? Are you prioritising, making sacrifices and dedicating yourself to your goals?
7) Failing isn’t negative, it is awesome. When you fail embrace it as an opportunity to learn what went wrong and start again.
8) We think Sir Ed summed it up perfectly. Our biggest challenge is to conquer our doubts, fears and insecurities.
9) Becoming the best isn’t without its difficulties. Along the way there are failures, disappointments and challenges.
10) Never stop learning.